Ask Rina: One frustrated roomie


Serina Jones, Staff Reporter

Dear Rina:

My roommate is getting a little too comfortable, seeing that she eats my food without consulting me. I have been contemplating moving out while she is away over the weekend, but I feel that may be too bold of a move. What do you think is the best way to go about the situation?

   One Frustrated Roomie

Dear One Frustrated Roomie:

Have you tried talking to your roommate at all? If not, that is the first thing that should be done. Explain to her that, if the shoe were on the other foot, she would want to be consulted before you ate her food. That would be the more mature way to handle it.

Moving out without any notice can be a bit cowardly. I am more than sure that you don’t want to be a coward.  If nothing changes after the confrontation, then I would suggest talking to security first to let them know that your roommate is stealing from you, and then talk to your RA about moving into a different room.


Would you like advice from Rina? Submit your questions to [email protected] with ‘Ask Rina’ in the subject.